British Film Institute
The BFI serves a public role which covers the cultural, creative and economic aspects of film in the UK. We work with a network of partners and alliances, filmmakers and audiences, educators and learners to create a flourishing film environment in which innovation, opportunity and creativity can thrive through:
- making sure audiences have the widest possible choice of British and World cinema;
- looking after the most significant film collection in the world for future generations;
- being a champion for emerging and world class filmmakers in the UK and investing in creative, distinctive and entertaining work;
- promoting British film and talent to the world; and
- growing the next generation of filmmakers and audiences.
We are a Government arm’s-length body, a distributor of National Lottery funds for film and a registered charity governed by Royal Charter.